Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Julie and this is my blog. I created it as a way to chronicle my creative projects. Well, and to get me off my butt to actually do more creative projects.
My focus is creating beautiful and fun handcrafted greeting cards, some of which I sell in my Etsy shop. I’m having fun experimenting with new techniques, stamps, dies, etc., as well as learning more about how to showcase my projects. I’m fairly techie, but there’s still a learning curve with video, audio, photography, etc. So your patience is appreciated!
You know, I’ve been creating for as long as I can remember. As a kid I loved coloring and drawing…not just any coloring though. I remember shading and blending Barbie’s makeup in my coloring book! So I totally get the whole coloring for adults thing.
I started getting into rubber stamps back in the early 90s, before I had kids. I used to be an Independent Consultant with Stampin’ Up!, a direct-sales rubber stamp company. I spent hours making displays and coming up with new card ideas to share at home parties. And while I enjoyed it, once the kids started coming it was a little difficult to continue. So I stopped it as a business, but kept creating.
As a homeschool mom with five kids, I found myself having less and less time to create. And what time I did have, I usually spent “resting” in front of the TV. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to create, I just didn’t have much energy.
But in the last couple of years, as I’ve taken steps to improve my health and as nearly all my kids have reached adulthood, I’ve been able to create more time to create! I still homeschool (just one now) but I make sure to feed my soul with artful endeavors. I find that this keeps me more grounded, productive, and happy!
Rubber stamping and creating unique greeting cards is just one of the ways that I choose to be creative. I thoroughly enjoy coming up with new card designs, learning about new techniques from other stampers and paper crafters and artists, and getting my inky fingers busy with the actual making of fun and unique cards. But I also enjoy building in The Sims 4, making 3D prints, working on my model railroad, cooking, polymer clay miniatures, etc.
Someone recently told me that I’m “multi-passionate” and I think that’s an apt description. I’m interested in so many things and I love having a variety of projects going. I don’t like being tied down to just one thing. So it’s no wonder that my greeting cards are like me….not just one style, not just one theme…..lots of variety.
Some Details About Me
- I’m a Southern girl, born and bred.
- I’ve been married since 1991 and I have five kids.
- I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- I love cooking and eating. Cleaning the kitchen after? Not so much.
- I don’t have a favorite color! But my favorite cake is carrot cake.
- I love cake decorating, cookie decorating, drawing, home decor, gardening, model trains, miniatures, Disney trips, traveling, making 3D prints, working out (no cardio for me, though, thank you), Christmas, and lots of different kinds of crafts.
- I have so many plans in my head for re-organizing, redecorating, and sprucing up our home. I’m excited to share those projects on the blog!
- I love to build houses in Sims 4. Plenty of time, budget, and materials in that game!
- I am a Thrive Life consultant, but I just do it here and there. Still, I’m happy to answer questions for you. I love the food!
- I don’t like cleaning but I like for things to be clean. I do like organizing….it’s the maintaining that I struggle with!
- I love to make tables in Word. I don’t know why.
- Oh, and Google spreadsheets.
- I have a recipe blog with one of my sisters.
- I love to work at the computer so blogging is right up my alley.
- I’ve homeschooled all my kids. Only one more to graduate from homeschool and I’m done!
- I love Reese’s. But only the Easter eggs, pumpkins, and Christmas trees.
Y’all take care!